On my Shark Party Tour I
- Visited 5 cities (Portland, Los Angeles, Phoenix, Dallas and Atlanta)
- Presented to 17 schools and libraries
- Signed hundreds of books
- Signed a dozen shoes
Kids ask the best questions including “what is it like to be famous?” and “can you make a book about a megamouth (he meant megladon)?” One frequent question was “how many books have you made?” and I need to be better about concrete answers. They want numbers. They want FACTS.
I am fortunate enough to have many books out and more waiting to be made, so the number fluctuates in my mind.
But the firm answer is
- 12 books published
- 5 books on their way
When I present, I include facts about sharks. I prepared my presentation a couple years ago and I read that there were 400 kinds of sharks in the ocean. Except, like my books, that number fluctuates. Due to new discoveries, the number of shark species identified has increased.
- There are 500 different types of sharks (!!)
- I drew 30 different types of sharks for Shark Party
I’m home and looking forward to making progress on my next book deadlines. I still have events through the summer but nothing like a book tour. Over the summer I will
- Visit 3 cities for book events
- Visit 5 cities for personal travel
First up is the Fairyland Book Festival in Oakland this Saturday at 1pm.
Hope to see you there!